Driveway & Pathway Construction
With a number of options available for a new driveway or pathway, we can find the solution that’s right for you. If you don’t know where to start, get in touch, we are happy to offer advice and design ideas, along with examples of previous work to show how we can transform your driveway or garden.
Our team are fully qualified with years of experience, as one of the leading driveway contractors in the area we are always looking at new methods of driveway resurfacing to bring high quality and long lasting surfaces to all of our customers.
A new driveway can add value and give the property a new lease of life, and our driveways will give you durability, sustainability, and value for money. Take a look at our options, there are advantages to each option however if you would like to discuss which is the best material for your driveway please give us a call on 01270 619 147.
Which type of driveway should I choose?
Choosing the right driveway may involve several factors, you may be thinking about cost, aesthetics, durability, and whether or not the material is environmentally sustainable (to avoid rainwater gathering). Block paving and resin bound gravel driveways provide the aesthetic appeal, whilst tarmac driveways and imprinted concrete driveways can be more cost effective.
We have a range of materials for driveway construction, which can be adapted or combined to create a unique driveway installation for every customer.
Best materials for driveways
- Can be arranged into unique designs
- Durable and long lasting
- Low maintenance
- Areas can be reinstalled or repaired relatively easily
- Permeable material to reduce rainwater gathering on your drive
- Takes time to install
- Essential to have a suitable and levelled sub-base
- Poorly prepared sub-bases result in movement and sinking of the blocks (always hire a professional)
- Cost friendly option
- Quicker to install than other materials
- Long lasting
- Can take a lot of wear and tear before cracks appear
- The rich black colour gives an aesthetic appeal
- Can take a while for all layers to harden completely
- Over time the black colour will fade to grey
- The surrounding environment and weather conditions can put strain on tarmac, it can be prone to crumbling or cracking over time
Resin Bound Gravel
- Attractive, modern choice in a range of colours
- Quick installation
- Easily maintained
- No drainage issues, very permeable
- If it is not maintained moss and weeds will grow on the surface, presenting a slip hazard
- The main disadvantage to this surface would be inexperienced contractors, always check the company is reputable and has experience – like us!
- Attractive surface giving appearance of cobbles, brick or slate
- Cost effective
- Fast installation time
- Solid surface which should prevent weeds
- Easy maintenance
- Can be prone to cracking, which will worsen if left to develop
- Drainage needs to be considered as this is not permeable
- Sealant will need to be replaced every few years
If you are looking for unique driveway ideas, our team can help in giving you professional advice on what to choose in terms of aesthetics, longevity and value for money, surfacing options can be combined to create an area suitable for your needs.
The property below chose a tarmac surface, with block paved edging, giving a nice look with the contrasting colours, whilst being durable and cost effective.
Block Paving Patterns
One of the advantages to block paving is that there several styles and sizes of blocks to choose from, which can be arranged into a pattern and unique designs for your driveway. The image above shows the most popular patterns for driveway pavers, these can be combined with other features or other materials to create something unique to you.
As part of our fencing service we install metal and timber driveway gates, these come in a range of sizes and styles which can be matched to new or existing fencing.
Our team can provide a quote for fencing, gates, driveway and paths in the same visit, free of charge.
Why Choose Us
We are one of the leading driveway specialists in the area, serving Cheshire, Shropshire and Staffordshire. With many years of experience across fencing, groundwork and drainage, our team will provide you with an unrivalled service, with long lasting results.
If you are concerned about the driveway cost, we offer free quotations, and can include several options in one quotation so you can compare costs and lifespan.
To speak to a member of our team about any of our services please get in touch on 01270 619 147, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.